Wednesday 30 November 2016

Bhishma and others try to talk to Duryodhana

Janmajeya asked - Please tell what did the Pandavas do? Whom did they send as a mediator?What did the Kauravas do when they were defeated by Arjuna?
The sage said - Listen to me.

Having been defeated, the Kauravas came back to their camp. Karna said they would plan to kill the Pandavas like Indra killed Vrittasura and Shiva vanquished Tripura. It had to be planned carefully. Get them here and then let us put an end to them.Invite all for a feast and poison their food.
Duryodhana said All my plans are spoiled. The Pandavas survived the forest and the one year in hiding. Now they will demand their land. I will not give up without a fight. I will send out messages asking people to join me for the war. All my allies should join me.

Karna praised Duryodhana and said Well said.

Bhishma said What you say is not correct and I am not pleased. Do not fight the Pandavas. Form a truce. The Pandavas will readily accept a small part and go happily. You cheated them but they did not harm you in anyway. They have fulfilled all their conditions. Now they are entitled to their kingdom.

Duryodhana kept quiet for a while and then said I will not go and please my enemy. The war will happen.

Bhishma said Then do whatever you wish. You will not listen to good advise.

Drona, Kripa, Dhritarashtra and Vidura tried to talk to Duryodhana but he would not listen. They tried to tell Duryodhana about how Ravana was proud and had great warriors but yet faced defeat. They said they would tell about what had happened in the earlier times. 

No comments:

Post a Comment