Tuesday 22 November 2016

Arjuna fights Bhishma

Arjuna said to Uttar - Everyone seems to be running away and I am not here to kill people. Take the chariot where Bhishma , son of Shantanu is. He is the protector of the Kaurava army and I want to face him,
Uttar said I am tired and I am not able to control the horses any more. My ears are paining from the noise.
Arjuna said What you are saying is not fit for Kshatriya. Do not worry, this will not be long and soon we will return.  Saying this, Arjuna rubbed Uttar's body and asked him to get ready.
Feeling confident, Uttar grabbed the reins of the horses and turned the chariot towards Bhishma. Arjuna shot two arrows towards Bhishma's feet and Bhishma shot two arrows which touched Arjuna's head. Dushshana and three of this brothers were guarding Bhishma. Seeing Arjuna, they attacked. Arjuna shot arrows and the brothers had to flee.

Coming close to Bhishma, Arjuna said How can a person of your character come to steal the cows of the king of Matsya.

Bhishma said I am not here to steal cows. The spies said you were in this land and I have come to meet you. What need do I have of wealth and land. All I have belongs to you all.

Arjuna said With your blessings we brothers had to stay in the forest for twelve years and had to be in hiding for a year. If you please move away, I will come face to face with Duryodhana.

Bhishma said Duryodhana is under my protection.
Arjuna said Then protect him.

Arrows started flowing as Bhishma and Arjuna attacked each other. Bhishma was very pleased to see Arjuna's skill. Arjuna cut off the bow of Bhishma and his ornaments. Soon Bhishma fainted on the chariot.

No comments:

Post a Comment