Sunday 13 November 2016

Uttar questions Arjuna

Arjuna said - Listen Son of Virata. When I was in Hastinapura, my mother worshiped Shiva. The form of Shiva that she worshiped was called Yogeshwar and it was only people from the royal family who worshiped this. Incidentally Gandhari had also planned to worship Shiva that day and both the queens were not aware of each other's intentions.
Gandhari asked Kunti why she was there. Kunti said Like everyday, she had come again to worship Shiva.
Gandhari said This Shiva could only be worshiped by a queen, and when her husband was no more, Kunti was not a queen.
Kunti said she had been performing this worship since the day she came into this family. She saod You have been worshiping Yogeshwar when I was in the forest.
Gandhari said You have no right to this worship.

Shiva came there and said Why do you fight. You should peacefully worship me. What I will say is, the one who is able to get the golden champaka flowers tomorrow morning will have the right to worship me.

Hearing this Gandhari went to her sons and asked them to get the flowers for her. Duryodhana asked his servants to go and get the flowers.
Hearing this I said to my mother - Do not worry, I will fetch the flowers.
Early morning, I bowed down to my Guru Drona and then shot two arrows towards the abode of Kubera. The golden flowers came and fell on the Shiva Linga.
My mother then went worshiped Shiva.
Shiva pleased said to my mother - Your sons will be great Kings.
To me, Shiva said having won over wealth (Kubera is the God of Wealth) you will be known as Dhananjaya.

Uttar then said - What did Gandhari do?

Arjuna said - Gandhari went to worship Shiva and saw the worship was over. Gandhari went away sad. Having won over this, I became known as Vijay.

I have four white horses drawing my chariot which is why I am called Shwetavahana.

I wear a golden crown (Kirita) which glows like the sun, which is why I am called Kiriti.

Vibhatsu was the name given to me by Krishna and listen to when I tell you why. Krishna once said I was the most handsome person on the earth. I did not agree and began searching for one. In all I saw Krishna. I said to Krishna and He said there was no difference between me and Him. he hugged me and gave me the name Vibhatsu.

I have a dark bluish complexion thus I am also called Krishna. 

No comments:

Post a Comment