Thursday 10 November 2016

Uttar sees the army

Uttar was dejected. He said to Arjuna - I am not sure what to do. Father took the entire army to fight Susharma and we are just two. How will we be able to fight the Kaurava army? What do you say Brihannala? Take the chariot back. I do not want to loose my life because of the cows.

Arjuna said You are just seeing the battlefield and wanting to run. I am not the kind of charioteer who runs away. Now that we are here, we cannot turn back. As I said earlier, I will not turn back. I will take the chariot in the middle of the battlefield. Discard your fear. What will people say when you run away? Sairandhri made me your charioteer. Where does that leave me? What will people say about me? if I knew this would happen, I would not have come with you. I will become a laughing stock among the women and I would rather die than become that. Leave the fear and win the cattle back by your might.

Uttar says It is like an insect trying to attack the fire. This is an ocean of army. How will I manage to fight them? Why should I put my hand inside the mouth of a poisonous snake? If I am alive, I will come back another day. You are not a man, so you do not respect masculinity. if you refuse to turn the charaiot back, I will jump off and run away.

Uttar jumped off the chariot and started running back. Seeing this, Arjuna too jumped down and started chasing the prince. 

No comments:

Post a Comment