Saturday 12 November 2016

Uttar finds the weapons

Pointing to the tree, Arjuna said to Uttar - You are not yet ready for battle. Climb the tree. There are weapons on the top of the tree. Get those weapons down. Along with you will see quivers and armor. Get everything down.
Uttar said How will I climb this tree? I have heard there is a dead body tied on this. As a prince, how will I do this?
Arjuna said There is no dead body on the tree. I will not tell you do anything wrong. It is not a dead body but a bundle of weapons.
Uttar climbed up and removed a layer of the cloth covering the bundle. He was amazed by the dazzle of the gems and thought this to be snakes with gems on them. He said There are snakes in the bundle.
Arjuna said these are weapons.
Uttar said These are huge wonderful weapons studded with gems. I see these great weapons here. Whom do these belong to? I also see wonderful quivers and conch shells. Whose are these?

Arjuna said there is a bow there with blue gems on it. That is called Gandiva. Brahma had held it and after that Indra had used it. Varuna then got it. Agni asked Varuna to give the bow to me. I used the bow to burn the Khandava forest. There is a bow which had swans etched on it. That belongs to Yudhistira. Previously Guru Dronacharya had given it to me. There is a huge bow there which belongs to Bhima. A bow is there with tigers drawn on it. That is the bow of Nakula. Then there is a bow with the sign of the discus. That belongs to Sahadeva.

Uttar not realizing what he was hearing said Where have the Pandavas gone, hiding their weapons here?

Arjuna smiled. He said I am Arjuna. Kanka in your father's court is Yudhistira. Vallabaha is Bhima. Granthik and Tantripal are Nakula and Sahadeva. Your mother's maid, Sairandhri, is Draupadi.

Uttar said If you are really Arjuna tell me about the names that you got and why.

No comments:

Post a Comment