Saturday 17 December 2016

Kunti talks to Krishna

Krishna went to Vidura's house and called out to him. Vidura was not there. Kunti heard him and came running. Krishna, seeing his aunt, bowed down and touched her feet.
Kunti said I am not sure I know anyone more unfortunate than me. My husband left leaving small children. I brought them up and am unable to bear their hardships. Duryodhana is a sinner who has troubled my sons many times. With the help of Vidura, we were able to escape from the house of lac. My sons begged for food till we went to Panchala. For some days we had peace when Draupadi was won and Drupada accepted us. We got Indraprastha and that too went. Now I am not sure what will happen when the war starts.

Krishna said Do not grieve. In time, your sons will rule again soon. I have come as a messenger to talk to the Kururs. I will see what I can do. If they do not listen, it will be victory for your sons. Do not worry.

This consoled Kunti.

No comments:

Post a Comment