Wednesday 14 December 2016

Krishna talks to Yudhistira

Janmajeya asked I have heard that Krishna will go as a messenger of the Pandavas. Please tell me what Krishna and Yudhistira discussed.How did the war start?
The sage said - Listen to me.
Krishna sat with Yudhistira. Yudhistira said It seems the war is inevitable. Duryodhana's decision will be the end of the clan. I am not in favor of this. We are free of the condition that we had and are now homeless. We served as servants for a year. Now I will have to fight my dear ones and get my land back. What use is that? If you, I am willing to forgive all and go back in the forest for ever. If I fight and loose I will not be able to show my face anywhere. Kauravas have great warriors like Bhishma, Drona, Kripa and Ashwatthama. How will this work?
Krishna smiled. He said What has happened in the past is not to be forgiven so fast. You need to fight. It will not be a sin to kill Duryodhana.
Yudhistira calmed down. Arjuna and Bhima said There is no sin in killing enemies. With Krishna with us, there is no way we will loose. We need to send a final messenger. No one better than Krishna for this. Let Krishna try to make Duryodhana and Dhritarashtra understand. If half the kingdom is given, there is no pint of a fight. If nothing else, even five villages are enough. if he still does not agree, then it will be war. Go quickly, Krishna, to the house of the Kurus and talk to them. Duryodhana is surrounded by the wicked Karna and Dushshana. Take an army with you.
Krishna said They cannot do anything to me. If they try to do anything to me, I will cut them off with my discus.

Saying this, Krishna left for Hastinpura. 

No comments:

Post a Comment