Monday 19 December 2016

Krishna

Krishna and Satyaki along with Vidura entered the court. Wanting to see Krishna, the celestial sages also came there.
Krishna said Listen all. I have come here as a messenger for the king Yudhistira. He wants to remind all that as per the previous condition, they have lived in the forests and spent a year in hiding. The pandavas are willing to forget all the insults.

Dhritarashtra said Duryodhana, did you hear what Krishna said? What they have asked for is justified. Give back what is theirs.

Duryodhana said I will return anything and if needed, there will be a war. If they have the strength, let them take it away.

All tried to talk to Duryodhana but he would not listen.

Krishna said Leave five villages. Forget the war. Nothing good will come from there. I am a well wisher of all.

Duryodhana said Even if the sun rises from west, I will not give anything to the Pandavas. Not even the land that is at the tip of a needle will be given to them. On the contrary, I am making you prisoner.

Krishna said I came as a messenger, Dhritarashtra, and your son wants to bind me. I can finish you all instantly. I will not do that.

Saying this Krishna started laughing. In his body was visible the three worlds. On his back one could all the Gods and the eleven Rudras. On his navel was Brahma. On his arm was Narada.

Afraid of this, all said Please forgive us. Please show us the form we are used to.

Krishna resumed his form. He tried to talk but Duryodhana walked out.

Krishna then came out. He went to Kunti. he told her what had happened. He then saw Karna. He went to him. He said I know who you are. You were born off Kunti, before she was married. You are well versed and known for your deeds of giving away whatever is asked from you. The Pandavas are your brothers. They will respect you and love you. You will become king instead of Yudhistira.

Karna said I respect you and your words. I was discarded at birth by Kunti. It was Radha who took care of me, fed her breast milk and brought me up. Do not tell the Pandavas what you said. If I win, I will give the kingdom to Duryodhana. He helped me get a position. While I know that the Pandavas will win, I will still fight. My fight will be with Arjuna only. I will spare the others. I know that Arjuna will kill me and the sons of Drupada will kill Bhishma and Drona. Victory will be theirs who have your blessings. I see comets in the sky which is not a good sign. Kauravas will not win. I dreamt of the victory of the Pandavas.

Karna left and with that Krishna also left Hastinapura. 

2 comments:

  1. All knew the result but still become the part of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. True. If you look into the meaning behind this, We all know what are actions are and what result they will bring about. At times we sit, saying we will let what needs to happen, will happen. Other times, we will go with calculated risks and also a plan to avoid that.
    Krishna was a planner. He knew whom to talk to, what would be the outcome of the conversation and what would be result. There was no harm trying after all, so he gave it a shot, spoke to Karna and then left it there.

    ReplyDelete