Sunday 11 December 2016

Uluka meets Krishna

Janmajeya asked - Who was sent to Dwaraka as the messenger?
The sage said -
Uluka, son of Shakuni, as the messenger. Uluka gave the note of Duryodhana to Krishna.
Krishna read the note and smiled. He said - Tell Duryodhana that I am impartial. Let Duryodhana remember that Arjuna had freed him from the Gandharvas. He had promised to return Pandavas their land, so why does he go back on his word? Go and give this message. I will come there later. I have no problems becoming a charioteer but Arjuna had asked me before. Arjuna has said he will come here in five days. Let Duryodhana also come. Let the one who comes to me first get me.

With that Uluka left.

Krishna then ordered for a bed to be made at the head of which was a wonderful throne studded with gems. There was some space kept at the end.

After five days, Krishna lay down on that bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment