Saturday 24 December 2016

Kunti meets Karna

Janmajeya asked the sage - Please tell me what was Kunti's reaction when she learnt that Karna was with Kaurava army?
The sage said -
Kunti heard that Karna was with Duryodhana. She decided to go and meet Karna. Kunti knew that Karna went for the banks of Yamuna. He went there alone and never took anyone with him. Kunti went there early morning.
Karna, when he came out of the river after praying to the Sun saw Kunti.
Kunti said Know that you are my son, born off the Sun when I was unmarried. I had a boon from Durvasa and when you were born, I had put you in the waters of Yamuna. You are not the son of Radha. Pandavas are your brothers. Join them.
Karna said I know what you told me, Duryodhana gave an identity and I cannot leave him  for that. My fight will be with Arjuna and either Arjuna will die in my hands or I will die in Arjuna's hands. I can promise you that you will have five sons after the war. I cannot give you anything else, Mother.

Kunti left after this. She went and told Vidura this.

No comments:

Post a Comment