Tuesday 13 December 2016

Krishna consoles Arjuna

Arjuna was sad that Krishna had given his army away to Duryodhana.
Seeing this Krishna said - Why are you sad? The army that I gave away is destined to be killed by you. Let me tell you something.
One day the departed ancestors said to me - You are the Ultimate being. The universe is but a hair on your body. Relieve us. We want to eat the meat of the boars in the kingdom of Magadha. Feed us that. Go alone and do not take anyone with you.
Hearing this, I climbed on my horse and rode towards Magadha.
Jarasandha hearing this came to attack with his army. I was alone and was not sure how many I could defeat. Not sure what to do, I made myself as big as a mountain. From my body was born a massive army which soon vanquished the Magadha army. I killed the boars and thanked the army. I asked the army to ask for something. They said If you are pleased then give us the boon that our death will be in the hands of one who is equal to you in strength.
I said So be it. You will die in the hands of Arjuna.
Arjuna was now pleased. He said I have Narayana with me and victory will be ours. He then said Yudhistira was anxious to meet him.

Hearing this, Krishna climbed up on his chariot and let to meet Yudhistira in the land of Virata.

No comments:

Post a Comment