Monday 12 December 2016

Duryodhana and Arjuna meet Krishna

Uluka came and asked Duryodhana to go to Dwaraka and meet Krishna. Krishna said he would help one who would come first.
Duryodhana started for Dwaraka. He went and entered the room where Krishna was sleeping. He saw the throne and sat down on that.
Soon Atjuna arrived. He went and sat near Krishna's feet and slowly began pressing Krishna's feet that angered Duryodhana.

Soon Krishna woke up. He saw Arjuna first. he began talking to him when he saw Duryodhana. He asked Duryodhana why he had come. Duryodhana said he had come before Arjuna, but he was offended that Arjuna was greeted before him. He said he wanted Krishna as his charioteer.
He said When Shiva had gone to attack Tripura He had made Brahma his charioteer. I want you to be my charioteer.

Krishna said I have seen Arjuna and promised him first. I will not actively fight in the battle. I have given a promise to Balarama. My army of the Yadava warriors is there. They will fight. Take my army Duryodhana.

Duryodhana thought - Krishna's army is huge and will be a big benefit. He agreed to Krishna's proposal. He then left.

Arjuna was pleased. He said Now I know why they call you Jagannatha.

Arjuna looked a little sad. 

2 comments: