Sunday 18 December 2016

Krishna stays at Vidura's house

While Krishna was with Kunti, Vidura arrived. He said he was sorry he was not there to greet Krishna.
Krishna said You are a wise one, known all over the world. I am pleased with what little a devotee can offer.
Vidura said What can I do you for you Krishna.
Krishna said I am very hungry. Please feed me.
Vidura saw a few lotus stems and rice at home. He asked his wife to cook those. Krishna and Satyaki ate that with relish. Vidura was feeling ashamed. He said He was unable to feed the guest at his house.
Vidura said I know you have come as a messenger to talk sense to the sons of Gandhari. Be careful though. They are planning to make you prisoner.
Krishna said I hate the pride that the sons of Dhritarashtra have. I can finish them in an instant.
Vidura said Who can bind you? If a devotee comes, you yourself go and get bound.

Spending the night at Vidura's hut. Krishna then started for the court the next day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment