Saturday 17 June 2017

Bhagwad Gita - Chapter 4 and Chapter 5

Krishna said - I gave the knowledge to the Sun, to his son Manu who gave it to Ikshaku, and thus the knowledge passed down to generations. The sages came to know of it. hen the knowledge was lost and today, I am sharing that with you.
Arjuna said - How is that possible? The Sun has been around long before you.
Krishna said - I have been through many births and so have you. I am the Lord of all. I take birth through illusion. I take birth to protect the just and destroy evil. I am there in all ages. The one that understands me and my birth is not born again. He comes to me then. I accept all come to me, in whatever form. I created the four castes according to the qualities and duties of people.
Give away desire. Do no think of actions.

The soul is the vessel with which offerings are made, the soul is the offering, the soul is the fire in which the offering is poured. The mind needs to be focused on up-liftment.

Many are the types of sacrifices, as mentioned in the Vedas.  The sacrifice of knowledge is superior to every sacrifice.  They who have the knowledge and can see the truth can teach that knowledge and then you see all creatures are a part of You and Me. As the fire burns all to ashes, the fire of knowledge burns all actions. One who has knowledge gets peace and tranquility.

Arjuna said,- You are talking of abandoning actions and also applying actions. Which is the superior of these?
Krishna said - Applying action is superior. One with no desire is an ascetic. Both paths lead to the same. Giving up everything and renouncing is difficult. Once one is immersed in devotion, reaching the goal is simple. He knows that the actions of the body is part of the senses.
The supreme God is not the cause of the action or how it needs to be performed. The God is not affected by one's sins.
When the mind is set on the God, ignorance is destroyed by the knowledge. For that person, a brahmana, a cow, an elephant, a dog or a low caste person are the same. He is happy with the knowledge and finds immense happiness within himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment