Thursday 22 June 2017

Bhagwad Gita - Chapter 10

Krishna said - The Gods do not know my origin. I am their source. One who knows me the One without any beginning or end, is freed.  The good qualities arise from me. The Seven great Rishis, the four sages before them, and the Manus, partaking of my nature, were born from my mind.  I destroy the darkness born of ignorance, by lighting the lamp of knowledge.

Arjuna said, You are the supreme one. In what forms should you be worshiped?

Krishna said - I am the soul in the heart of every being, I am the beginning, and the middle, and the end also of all beings. I am Vishnu among the Adityas,  Sun among the bright celestial bodies; I am Marichi among the Maruts, and the Moon among constellations. I am the Sama Veda among the Vedas; I am Indra among the gods; I am the mind among the senses; I am the intellect in the living beings. I am Sankara among the Rudras, Kuberas among the Yakshas and the Rakshasas. I am Vrihaspati, the chief of household priests. I am Kartikeya among commanders of forces. I am Ocean among Water bodies. I am Bhrigu among the great Rishis, I am OM among words. I am the Japa among sacrifices. I am the figtree among all trees, I am Narada among the celestial Rishis. I am Chitraratha among the Gandharvas and the ascetic Kapila among ascetics. I am Uchchaisravas among horses, Airavata among  elephants, and the king among men. Among weapons I am the thunderbolt, among cows I am  Kamadhuk.  I am Vasuki among serpents.  I am Ananta among Nagas, I am Varuna among acquatic beings and Yama among those that judge and punish.
I am Prahlada among the Daityas, and Time among things that count. I am the lion among the beasts, and Garuda among winged creatures. Of purifiers I am the wind. I am Parasurama among wielders of weapons. I am the Makara among fishes, and I am Ganga among rivers. I am the beginning and the end and also the middle of all created things. I am the knowledge of Supreme Spirit among all kinds of knowledge, and the disputation among disputants. Among all letters I am the first alphabet. I am Death that takes all, and the source of all, that is to be. Among females, I am Fame, Fortune, Speech, Memory, Intelligence, Constancy, Forgiveness.
 I am the game of dice of them that cheat, and the splendor of those that are splendid. I am Victory, I am Exertion, I am the goodness of the good. I am Vasudeva among the Vrishnis, I am Arjuna among the sons of Pandu. I am even Vyasa among the ascetics, and Usanas among seers.  I am the Knowledge of those that are possessed of Knowledge.
 There is no end of my manifestations. 

No comments:

Post a Comment