Thursday 9 March 2017

Yudhistira's and Draupadi's grief

Janmajeya asked - What happened when the Pandavas realized what had happened?
The sage said -
The charioteer of Dhristadyumna had managed to escape somehow. With the sun rising, he decided to inform the Pandavas about this.
He found Yudhistira and said The army of the Pandavas has been killed in the night. Dhristadyumna, the sons of Draupadi and many brave warriors have been killed by Ashwatthama who entered our camp in the middle of the night. All were sleeping and never realized what struck them. All are dead except me. I somehow was left for dead. Having managed to escape, I have come here to inform you.

Yudhistira was angry. He said - What Gods assisted him? How did he manage to do this? The brave warriors would have been sleeping tired from battle and they were killed thus. The sons of Draupadi were jewels of our eyes and they were mercilessly killed.

He then sat down on the ground and said - What I wanted and what have I finally got? All is lost. I was happy with the sages in the forest. I have not recovered from the shock of losing Abhimanyu and I am hearing this now.

Draupadi fainted when she heard this. Shrieking loudly, she started crying out for her sons and her brothers. She said I have been through hardships all my life. When Arjuna won me, I lived in the forests and worked like a maid. And what do I get in return? I was insulted in front of all and my clothes were snatched off me. I was insulted by Kichaka and was saved by Bhima. 

No comments:

Post a Comment