Friday 31 March 2017

Greatness of Hari

Bhisma said - Listen Yudhistira while I tell you more.One who worships Govinda with many gifts gets blessings from the Lord. If one bathes Vishnu on the twelfth day of the lunar cycle (Dwadashi) that falls on a Monday, he is blessed and he and his generation is taken to the abode of Vishnu. One who fasts on the day of Krishna Janamashtami and bathes Krishna with milk and water is relieved from all sins by Narayana. Let me tell you about this.
There was a king called Yagyadhwaja. He used to beg for forgiveness at the temple of Hari. His priest, worried, asked him the reason for this. The king said - In my previous birth I was the son of a merchant and my name was Yagyamali. I was an evil person. Seeing my deeds my family expelled me. What ever I had I spent on cheap women. Seeing this, my brothers tied me up, beat me and then left me far away.
In the forest, I was hungry when I came across a temple of Vishnu. It was dirty. I cleaned the temple and went to sleep there. A snake happened to come there and it bit me. Two attendants of Yama came to fetch me but were stopped by the attendants of Vishnu. Yama's attendants said this is a great sinner and he needs to go with us.
Vishnu's attendants said this person has come here, fasted and cleaned the temple of Vishnu and is subject to forgiveness. Saying this Vishnu's attendants took me with them.
Unknowingly I had prayed in the temple of Vishnu and thus I am freed.
The priest hearing this, bowed down to the king.

No comments:

Post a Comment