Saturday 18 March 2017

Gandhari addresses Krishna

Janmajeya said - Please tell me what Gandhari said. How did she control her grief? What did she say to Krishna? Why did she curse Krishna?
The sage said -
Listening to Krishna, the queen sat up. Then Gandhari said to Krishna - See Krishna, my hundred sons lie dead, slain by Bhima. You can hear their wives crying. The women who had never stepped out of the house, are out in the open, in the field. All sons are the same to a mother, wether they are good or bad. I am not able to stand this. If I could show you the weight I have in my heart, I would have shown it to you. Off all the griefs one has, the loss of a child is the gravest. Only one who has carried a child in her womb and feel this. How will you console me Krishna? Duryodhana, who was worshipped by his subjects in now being eaten by jackals. When he asked me who will win, I said where there is justice, where ever there is Krishna, Victory will be there. I know Duryodhana did not listen to any advise and thus met his end. Shakuni, my brother, through his cunning mind brought about this. The Pandavas will rule here after and no one is left to rule after that.
Krishna and the Pandavas were quite.
Draupadi was crying for her sons. Uttara, holding Abhimanyu's body was crying.
Gandhari was crying away, calling out to Duryodhana. She then turned to Krishna and said - O son of Devaki. You are the cause of all this destruction. You could have stopped this war. If you had not stepped in and become the charioteer, things would have been opposite. You knew Abhimanyu would step into the formation as he knew how to get in and did not know how to get out. You used Ghatotkacha to save Arjuna from the powerful weapon of Karna.

No comments:

Post a Comment