Monday 6 March 2017

Ashwatthama meets Shiva

Ashwatthama got angry hearing the words of Kripa. He said he would go ahead with his plan, and if none would come with him, then he would go alone. He would kill the son of Drupada and the Pandavas in their camp. Any one who came to their rescue would also get killed. I have promised the king that I will do so, and I will make sure I succeed. Also, the day Dhristadyumna killed my father, I promised myself that I would kill him.
Kripa was quiet.
Ashwatthama went near the camp, with Kripa and Kritavarma following him.
Near the camp they saw a person. He was covered in ashes and had matted hair. With a two headed drum in hand, he was wearing tiger skin. This was Shiva who was acting as the doorkeeper. He asked Ashwatthama not to go inside. Ashwatthama said he would go and asked the person to step aside.
Shiva said I am the doorkeeper here and you will need to fight me to get inside.
Angry Ashwatthama started shooting arrows which were all swallowed by Shiva.
Ashwatthama realized that this was not any ordinary person.
He said You do not seem to be in pain after swallowing my weapons. My quiver is empty but you are standing peacefully. Please tell me Who are you?
Shiva revealed his identity.
He then said He would stay there till he was instructed to leave.
Not knowing what to do, Ashwatthama built a Shiva Linga with sand and started worshiping that.

Shiva pleased asked Ashwatthama what he wanted. Ashwatthama said he wanted Shiva to leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment