Wednesday 4 January 2017

Hanumana and Arjuna

In the camp, Yudhistira was worried with Bhishma killing off people.
 Arjuna asked him to be optimistic. He said - When I was in exile, I went to the beautiful city of Dwaraka. There Satyambhama was a given a lotus by Krishna which angered Rukmini. Knowing this, Krishna asked me to get another lotus. I asked where I would get one. Krishna told me the flower was in a banana grove. I went there with my weapons and saw the place guarded by vanaras. They tried to stop me when I tried to pluck the flowers. They reported this to Hanumana. Hanumana was offended. Why had Arjuna come and disturbed him, when he was praying to Rama? He decided to come and see for himself. I said it was because of the vanaras that the ocean was crossed by Rama. If Rama was brave, he could have bridged the ocean with his arrows. This angered Hanumana. He said Rama had broken the bow of Shiva which no one else could do. If Rama had to do this, what would we have done. Saying this, he said If you are that skilled, bridge the ocean with your arrows. If the bridge can stand my weight, then I will accept you as a brave skilled person.
We went to the ocean shore. I bridged the ocean. Hanumana increased his size. So huge was he, that the sun was hidden. I called to Krishna for help. Taking the form of a tortoise, Krishna, shid below the bridge. The moment stepped on the bridge, the tortoise started bleeding from its mouth and the water of the ocean became red. Hanumana was wondering what had happened. He closed his eyes and saw Rama as the tortoise. He begged forgiveness for having stepped on his Lord.
Krishna came out and then assumed the form of Rama. He said the two of you are my greatest devotees. Saying this, Krishna left.
Hanumana said he would help whenever needed. Saying this,he too left. I returned with the flowers.
Do not worry. With Krishna on our side, we will win.

No comments:

Post a Comment