Tuesday 10 January 2017

Yudhistira approaches Bhishma

In the camp, Yudhistira was wondering how Bhishma could be finished. Krishna said Your brothers are fighting bravely, so why are you so worried?Arjuna will be able to kill Bhishma. Do not worry on that.
Yudhistira said I can understand that but I want to know how Bhishma will be killed.
Krishna said Bhishma is a noble person. Let us go to him and ask him. He has a boon of dying only when he wishes to. He will be able to answer your question.
With the Pandavas, Krishna went to Bhishma. Bhishma greeted them and the five brothers bowed down to Bhishma. Bhishma wanted to know why they had come at that hour.
Yudhistira said When I asked for five village that was denied. The war started and now no one is able to face you. I now ask you, please let me know how can you be killed?
Bhishma said Listen. I am known for my skill and strength. No one defeat me as long as I hold my weapons in my hands. As long as I am in the field, I will serve the Kauravas. if you kill me, know for sure, it will be your victory and the defeat of the Kauravas. I will not lift a weapon at some fleeing or someone weak or sick. I will not lift a weapon at a woman. Anyone who has a name of a woman will not be hurt by me. Listen to me. Drupada's son Shikhandi was born a woman and now as a man is skilled in warfare. If Shikhandi comes in front, I will drop my weapons. Arjuna can use Shikhandi as a sheild and kill me.
Yudhistira, Krishna and the Pandavas took leave of Bhishma and went back to their camp.

No comments:

Post a Comment