Monday 2 January 2017

Duryodhana, Karna and Bhishma talk

In their camp Duryodhana sent for Karna. He and Shakuni spoke to Karna. Duryodhana said I made Bhishma the commander thinking the Pandavas would be finished but now it does not seem to be working.
Karna said Bhishma and Drona have a soft corner for the Pandavas. Whatever you do, think carefully before that. Let us go and talk to Bhishma.
Duryodhana went to Bhishma and said You said you will make an end of the Pandavas. I do not see that happening. It would have been better if Karna had been the commander.
Bhishma became angry. He said When I tried to tell you something, you called me old. What did Karna do when the Gandharvas bound you? When you stole the cows of Matsya, where was Karna? Arjuna and Krishna together are invincible. Listen to me. In the house of Nanda, when Krishna was growing up, he used to play with boys of his age. The sages who used to pray to Indra, stopped praying to him and began praising Krishna. Angry, Indra created a great storm. Not knowing what to do, the sages and people of the city went to Krishna for help. Krishna lifted the mountain Govardhan and the people took shelter under the mountain. For seven days, Krishna stood with the mountain on his hand. Who can destroy the ones who have Krishna to help them?
I will try my best tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment