Saturday 21 January 2017

Moon cursed

The sage said to Janmajeya -
The Pandavas returned to their camp. Yudhistira sat on the ground, unable to control his grief.
Vyasa came there. He asked Yudhistira why he was grieving.
Yudhistira said I am very unfortunate. I wanted my kingdom back and because of that the brave Abhimanyu has fallen today. He had told me that he knew how to enter but did not know how to come out. I had told him I would be behind him, but I was unable to proceed because of Jayadratha. He fought bravely and was killed by unfair means.
Vyasa said Stop your grief. You have no control over destiny. Let me tell you about his previous birth. He was the Moon born as Subhadra's son because of a curse. Listen, as I tell you more.
The sage Garga once went to the Moon with his disciples. The Moon was sitting with  Rohini, lost in her love,  when the sage arrived. Chandra forgot to receive the sage.
The sage got angry at being ignored. He cursed the moon to be born as a human.
The Moon said he had not ignored the sage purposefully and begged forgiveness.
The sage said You will born as the son of Subhadra and Arjuna. You will be a brave warrior and at the age of sixteen you will fight a great battle and will die there.

Vyasa said This is Abhimanyu's destiny. You could not have done anything about this.
Yudhistira said I am not sure how I will face Arjuna. What will Krishna say? What will I say to Subhadra? How will I pacify Uttara?

Vyasa said One dies when the time is up, not before that. Krishna will understand and he will make Arjuna understand.

Saying this, Vyasa left.

No comments:

Post a Comment