Saturday 21 May 2016

Pandavas leave

The Pandavas along with Draupadi discarded their royal robes and dressed as sages. Dushasana seeing this said to Draupadi - Your father gave you away to beggars. If you wish, I will take you over and treat you royally.
Bhima said Your death is close by which is why you say things like this. When I catch in the battlefield I will remind you of all your words. I will kill all the hundred sons of Dhritarashtra myself.
Arjuna said If there is a war after thirteen years, I will kill Karna. Rivers of blood will be formed from the blood of the Kauravas.
Sahadeva said to Shakuni - You cheated in the game of dice and brought about all evil. I pledge that I will put an end to you.

Yudhistira went to all the elders present in the court and took leave off all.

Vidura said Go to the forests and come back and claim what is yours. In the meanwhile, leave Kunti in my house. In her age, she should not be roaming around in the forests. Also never stay from the path of the righteous.

Draupadi also changed her clothes and got dressed in the garb of a sage's wife, leaving her hair loose.

Kunti fainted seeing her sons leaving for the forest.  Coming to her senses, she was horrified seeing the garb of Draupadi.

Draupadi said to Kunti - Please arise and do not grieve. Please permit me to go to the forests with my husbands.

Kunti said I had known things would happen this way, I would have lived all my life in the forests and never come to Hastinapura. Madri and Pandu were lucky that they did not have to see this. I had to live and see these days. How will I spend my days, not seeing my beloved Sahadeva.

Dhritarashtra wanted to know what was happening. Vidura said the Pandavas were leaving, with their heads bent down. Draupadi walks behind all. Dhumya, their priest goes with them.

Narada then arrived there. He said, With the help of Krishna, fourteen years from now, your dynasty will be gone. Pandavas will come back and they will rule.

Scared on hearing this, Duryodhana and Karna went to Drona and asked him for advise. Drona said I am bound by duty to serve you and I will serve you, even though I am aware that the Pandavas will win, if there is a war. I see my death too, in the hands of Dhristadyumna. You have hurt Draupadi, who is a beloved of Krishna, and that will never be forgiven. There is no escape. All will die in the hands of Bhima and Arjuna.

Dhritarashtra said to Vidura - Please go and get the Pandavas back. If they refuse to come back, then please have them take wealth and chariots with them, in their exile.

Sanjaya said - When all tried to talk to you, O king, you did not listen. Your daughter in law was dragged into the court, by pulling her hair. You have brought about the downfall.

Dhritarashtra could do nothing but lament.

Thus ends Sabha Parva.

No comments:

Post a Comment