Wednesday 18 May 2016

Bhima vows to break Duryodhana's thigh

Vidura said - Let me tell you about Virochana. Virochana was the son of Prahlada.One day he got into an argument with Sudhanva, the son of sage Angira. Virochana said the king was superior over all. Sudhanva said the brahmana was superior. The argument continued till they decided that the one who lost the argument would have to give up his life.
They approached Prahlada and asked him to decide. Prahlada was in two minds. If he said, the brahmana was superior he would have to loose his son. If he said something else, he would have to go to Hell.
Prahlada then asked the sage Kashyapa for help. Kashyapa asked Prahlada to be fair.
Prahlada went back. He called both the men and said as all men were bowing down to the brahmanas, the brahmana was superior. I consider Angira to be superior and I also believe that Angira's wife is superior to my wife. Now as per the rules, let my son die.

Pleased with the decision, Sudhanva said let your son live for long. You are a just king and shown justice.

All were quiet after Vidura said this. Karna said - Enough talk of justice. Go Dushasana, fetch the maid Draupadi and take her home.

Draupadi was shivering with grief and anger. She looked at her husbands. With her hands on her head she said - When I was in my father's house, all kings had seen me only when I came for the swayamvara. No outsider had seen me before. Today. I am standing in an assembly hall, clad in one garment. I ask a question to all the elders present. I am the daughter of Drupada, wife of the Pandavas and the friend of Krishna. I am being told in front of all to become a slave.

Bhishma said We are all like dead people here. Having seen all this, me and Drona have no words to say. Use the path of justice and get rid of your enemies.

Duryodhana said Draupadi, why do you cry. Your husband Yudhistira has lost you. Why do you ask this again and again.

Bhima then said - This is Yudhistira, the eldest of the Pandavas. We follow his. if he had stopped me, none of you would be alive now. The moment Dushasana touched the hair of Draupadi, his days started getting counted. If he allows me now, I will like to show all how a hungry lion devours a herd of deer.

Karna then said - It is known that a slave's wife is also a slave. So as a Pandava wife, Draupadi is also a slave. Her rightful place is in the palace of Dhritarashtra where she should serve the sons of the king.The thigh that Duryodhana is showing will be broken by me.

The roar of Bhima quietened every one. Vidura said, this was the end of the Kuru dynasty.,

No comments:

Post a Comment