Saturday 28 May 2016

Krishna comes to meet the Pandavas

The news of Pandavas leaving for the forest spread like wildfire. Along with some other kings, Krishna went to the Kamyaka forest to meet the Pandavas.
Pandavas told all about the acts of Duryodhana and how they had to loose all.
Seeing Krishna angry hearing all this, Arjuna said to him - You are the Lord of all. You should not loose your temper. As sage Narayana you had sat for years meditating on the Gandhamadana mountain.

Krishna said to Arjuna - There is not much difference between us. When I was Narayana, you were Nara. Pandavas are no different from me, I am am grieved to see them troubled. Any one who likes you is dear to me, any one who hates you is my enemy too.

Draupadi then came there and said to Krishna - You are the one, from whose navel sprang the lotus on which Brahma was seated. The sky is your head, the nether world your feet. All Gods worship you. You are the lord of all and up-lifter of the down. This is why I can tell you about my griefs.

Saying this, Draupadi spoke of how she was insulted in the court and how the great leaders there had sat quietly

Krishna said - Do not grieve sister. When you were being insulted, you had called out to me. I had helped you. The way you cried, similarly, the wives of the Kurus will cry. This is my promise to you.

Arjuna said - What Krishna said will come true. There will be war. We will win.

Dhristadyumna said - I pledge that I will kill Drona. Shikhandi will become the cause of Bhishma's death.

Krishna said he was delayed in coming to the forest as he had to tackle the demon Salva. Krishna said when he had come for Rajyasuya sacrifice of Yudhistira, Salva had defeated all in Dwaraka using magic. Returning back, he had to fight and eventually kill Salva.

Yudhistira asked what was Salva's enemity with you? Why did he attack Dwaraka? Do tell, Krishna. 

No comments:

Post a Comment