Tuesday 9 May 2017

Krishna and Arjuna as guise of brahmans

Happy at the words of his son, the king hugged him. He said Krishna has come to my land. I am blessed. Keep the horse tied till I get to serve Krishna. I am amazed at your skill. You single handed, fought and defeat the great warriors.
Saying this the king sat on his throne.
Krishna, took the guise of an old brahmin. With Arjuna as his disciple, they went to see the king.
Seeing brahmanas, the king got up and welcomed them and asked them the reason for their visit.

Krishna said - What should I tell of my grief. My name is Krishna Sharma. I had arranged for the marriage of my son to a girl here. On the day of the wedding, when I was coming here, I came across a lion. The lion wanted to eat my son. I asked the lion to eat me instead of my son. The lion said I was old and my flesh did not interest him. I then asked the lion what would he accept in lieu of my son. What the lion said I cannot tell you.
The king said - Do not hesitate and tell me.
Krishna said - The lion said If you get me a piece of the flesh of the king Mayurdhwaja, then I will leave your son.
Hearing this, the king agreed.
His family and courtiers were aghast.
Tamradhwaja said he was willing to go to the lion instead of his father.
The king said if the brahmin would accept him, he could go.
The brahmin said What the lion needs is half the flesh of the king. Will you give me that?
The king agreed.
When his queen heard this, she approached the brahmin. She said People say I am one side of the king. Please accept me.
The brahmin said The wife is the left side of her husband. I want the right side.

The king asked the brahmin to wait. He went and had a bath. He then asked Tamradhwaja to cut him into two. Tamradhwaja took a saw and touched the king;'s head and started sawing slowly The king had a tear in his eye. Seeing this, Krishna said - I will not accept something given with grief.

Saying this, Krishna and Arjuna walked out.

The king went and held the brahmin. He said the tear came from my left eye. Do not think it is because of the pain. My left side cried as it was not as fortunate as the right side.  Accept me.

Hearing this, Krishna said - I am Krishna and I came to test you. I saw the skill of your son and wanted to see you.

Saying this Krishna came into his own self. The king saw Vishnu with four hands. Krishna then touched the king and all his wounds vanished.

All bowed down to Krishna. Arjuna's horse was brought and given to him.

Krishna asked the king to come and attend the horse ceremony in Hastinapura.

Mayurdhawaja wanted to accompany Arjuna. He asked Tamradhwaja to take care of the kingdom.

All the soldiers who had fallen in the battle came back alive.

Arjuna resumed his journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment