Sunday 14 May 2017

Dhritarashtra wants to leave the palace

Yudhistira thanked all who had participated in the sacrifice and gave them gifts.
Yudhistira began ruling the kingdom as a just and noble ruler. They took care of Dhritarashtra as their own father.
Dhritarashtra was constantly pained and hurt at the fact that he had lost all his sons in the hands of Bhima.
Gandhari tried to console the king. She said I know what you fell. Also remember, you were jealous of Bhima right from his childhood.
Dhritarashtra said Whenever I see Bhima, I think of my dead sons. I cannot fault Yudhistira.
When Dhritarashtra and Gandhari were talking, Vidura came there. He asked them the cause of their sorrow.
Dhritarashtra said I am regretting not listening to you, when you tried to advise me. I am pained when I see Bhima. His behavior towards me is different from the other brothers. He does not give the same respect as the others.
Vidura said Respect gets respect. If you treat Bhima with respect, you will get that from him. Yudhistira respects you a lot. He will do anything you say. If you tell him to leave the kingdom and retire, he will do that immediately.
Dhritarashtra said I like Yudhistira a lot. It is Bhima. I shudder when I think of him. He killed all my sons. I have seen a lot. I am planning to retire into the forest and lead the life of a mendicant, practicing yoga and meditation.
Vidura said How will you manage by yourself? You are old and blind. There are animals in the forest. Give gifts to the priests. Lead a cheerful life. You will feel happy. It is possible to meditate and practice an austere life while leading the life of a householder also.
Dhritarashtra said I trust you but I feel I will be at peace if I leave the palace. I am not afraid of the wild beasts. If that is my destiny, so be it.
Vidura said If you have made up your mind to leave, then allow me to come with you. I will be with you and serve you. We will need to take permission from Yudhistira.
Dhritarashtra asked Vidura to talk to Yudhistira.

No comments:

Post a Comment