Monday 29 May 2017

Arjuna gives the news to Yudhistira

Janmajeya said - Hearing this epic from you makes me feel blessed. Please tell me more of the creation of the great Vyasa.
The sage continued -

In Hastinapura, Yudhistira was seated on his gem studded throne. Bhima was holding the umbrella over him. The sons of Madri were fanning him. Suddenly Yudhistira saw ill omens. Jackals were howling in the day time. Vultures were crying and flying in the sky. Thunder could be heard but no clouds could be seen. People were restless and were fighting with each other.
Yudhistira felt restless. He was not sure what had happened. Arjuna was away in Dwaraka and there was no news of him. He decided to send a messenger to get news of Arjuna. He was thinking what to do, when he got the news of Arjuna's arrival.
Arjuna was taking the name of Krishna and had tears in his eyes. He was moving very slowly. Yudhistira wondered what had happened.
Yudhistira asked Why do you look so frail and weak? Daruka came to fetch you and after that I have no news of you or Krishna. Do tell me all is fine. I am seeing ill omens and I am not sure what to make out of those. Is it something that I did, because of which Krishna is angry with me? Was there a quarrel with Balarama? Without Krishna, the Pandavas have no identity.

Arjuna fell on the ground taking the name of Krishna.

Yudhistira said What have you done? Has Krishna forsaken us? Tell me how is Krishna? Why did Daruka come?

Arjuna said I do not know how to say this, but now the world is without Krishna. The friend of Pandavas is no more. Because of the curse, the people of Dwaraka fought with each other and killed themselves. All are dead. Balarama gave up his body. Krishna was resting under a tree and was killed by a hunter. All is lost now with the passing of Krishna. 

No comments:

Post a Comment