Tuesday 16 May 2017

Dhritarashtra prepares to leave

Dhritrarashtra stayed for five more years. He was constantly thinking of how to convince Yudhistira and leave the palace. He went to Gandhari and said - I am feeling imprisoned here. Every time I am here, I feel I could have done things differently and situations would have been different. What is the way in which I can be relieved?
Gandhari said A life away from family ties is what is needed. I want to retire to the forest and spend my life in meditation. This is a life that I want to lead and Yudhistira should not stop me.

The next day morning, Dhritarashtra sent for Vidura. He said he had decided to leave the palace and would not listen to Yudhistira anymore. Vidura said he would come along also.

Dhritarashtra and Vidura took off the royal robes and dressed in plain clothes. Gandhari did the same too. Sanjaya heard this and said he wanted to go with them too.

When Kunti heard this, she went to Dhritarashtra. She said she wanted to accompany them. Dhritarashtra accepted her. 

No comments:

Post a Comment