Saturday 27 May 2017

Arjuna sees the body of Krishna

In Hastinapura, Druka met Yudhistira. He said Krishna sent his best wishes and was missing his best friend Arjuna and wanted to meet him. Daruka had come to fetch Arjuna.
The Pandavas asked Daruka to relax and be comfortable. Having seen all the dead Yadavas, Daruka was anxious to hurry back fast.
Yudhistira wondered why the charioteer of the Supreme Being was so anxious to hurry back. He asked Daruka - Why do you look so restless? How are the Yadava elders and great heroes doing? How is Krishna?
With folded hands Daruka said - I will tell you all in time. Please send Arjuna with me now. Krishna wants to see him.
Yudhistira gave permission.

Arjuna was surprised to Dwaraka. This was not the city he knew. It was quiet. No men were seen. Only women were around. All faces looked sad. Flocks of vultures and crows were flying around.

Arjuna spotted Vasudeva along with Devaki and Rohini. He went to them and bowing to them, asked what was the reason for this?
No one said a work. All they did was take the name of Krishna. Tears were flowing from their eyes.

Daruka said - If you want to see the Lord, please hurry. All the Yadava men are in one place.

Arjuna and Daruka arrived at Prabhasa. There Arjuna saw the dead Yadavas. He then spotted the body of Balarama and seeing that he began crying.
Then moving around, he went to the tree and there he saw the body of Krishna.

Arjuna went and lifted the body of Krishna in his hands. He began crying out. O Krishna. Where have you gone. You are the soul of all. How will I live without you. Whenever I came here, I was relieved and felt calm when I saw you. Where have you gone. You have Krishna and Arjuna are the same. How could you then leave me and go? Please look at me once and address me as your friend. You are lying on the bare ground and the sun's harsh rays are coming on your face. How will I go back to Hastinapura? What will I tell my brothers and Draupadi? I am unfortunate that I am alive when you are gone.

Daruka said to Arjuna - Please control yourself. Please perform the last rites for all the departed ones.

Piles of sandal wood was organized. Vasudeva, Rohini, Devaki and Revati, wife of Balarama, entered the pyre.

Arjuna performed the last rites of all.

No comments:

Post a Comment