Thursday 9 February 2017

Arjuna promises to kill Karna

Yudhistira was lying down when Arjuna entered. Yudhistira got up and smiled thinking that Karna had probably been killed. He said I have been through a lot of pain today because of him. Has the disciple of Parashurama, been killed?
Arjuan said I was fighting in a different part of the field and did not get to face Karna. I fought Ashwatthama whom I managed to turn away. I was going to catch Karna when I heard from Bhima how he insulted you, so I came to you.
Yudhistira said You should not have left Bhima alone and come to see me. If you plan to kill Karna, why have you fled from the field? You have celestial bows and weapons. You have Hanumana on your chariot.You have a celestial chariot. You have Krishna for your charioteer. If Krishna was there instead of you, all the Kurus would have been dead by now. If you cannot manage, give Krishna the Gandiva. Let him handle the war.
Arjuna got angry.
Krishna controlled him. Arjuna said - I have made a promise that I will Karna. I did not say I have done it. Anyone who insults my Gandiva is my enemy. I will kill my enemy even if that is my Guru. I will suffer the pains of hell later. What is Yudhistira saying? He is scared to face the battle, and now he comes and blames me for all this. He runs away from Karna and wants me to kill him. Bhima is the field. He does not insult me. Yudhistira goes and plays a game of dice and looses all. For him all of us had to suffer and now he says this.
Krishna said - Do not praise yourself. That is the job of a coward.
Arjuna bowed down to Yudhistira and begged for forgiveness. He then said before the end of the day Karna would be dead.
To Krishna he said - With your blessing, I will win over the battle and be able to kill Karna. Yudhistira will then be able to sleep peacefully. 

No comments:

Post a Comment