Saturday 22 October 2016

Bhima goes in search of water

Janmajeya asked - What did the Pandavas do after this?
The sage said -
One day the Pandavas were very thirsty. Yudhistira said to Bhima, It would be good if he went in search of water. Bhima agreed and went. He did not find any water body near by and soon he left that forest to find a source of water.
Wanting to test Yudhistira, Yama/ Dharma created a magical source of water there. Bhima seeing that went to get some water when a crane stopped him He said I have a question. Answer me first. I want to know what this means. I have four questions, answer those first before you touch the water. Do not touch the water before you answer me.

(In Vyasa's version of the Mahabharata, Nakula first searches out and climbs a tree. He spots a lake and is the first to go. Kasi Das changed the order and made the episode into small chapters)

No comments:

Post a Comment