Saturday 1 October 2016

Durvasa pleased with Yudhistira

In the morning, after finishing his daily tasks, Yudhistira asked Bhima and Arjuna to hunt and get some food. He then went about gathering flowers and fruits.
Draupadi came there after her bath. They were all awaiting Durvasa to come and leave satisfied. Draupadi said she would cook a meal which would easily expand to feed millions.

On the riverside, Durvasa got up and after offering his morning prayers, along with disciples decided to visit the pandavas.

The Pandavas, hearing of the visit, greeted the sage and the disciples, and offered them seats on mats made of deer skin. Cool water was offered for drinking.

Yudhistira said I am blessed that a great sage like you has come to visit me.It is because of the good deeds of my forefathers that you have come to see me.

Pleased Durvasa said I am pleased with you, O son of Dharma. You are a righteous person with none equal to you in wisdom. You are untouched by vices. I have to confess that I am shamed today. I asked you to cook and then went to the river bank in the evening and was unable to return to you. Now we are hungry and and would request you to feed us.
The sages ate to their fill and were very pleased.
Durvasa said If this is the service I get in a forest then what is the need for heaven. Do not worry. Your sorrows will be gone soon.

Saying this, the sage left along with his disciples.

Hearing that Durvasa had left the ashrama of the Pandavas after blessing them, Duryodhana was sad, His hunger vanished. Karna then said to Duryodhana to listen to what he had to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment