Friday 3 June 2016

Krishna kills Salva

Krishna continuing said -

After the sacrifice, when I returned, I saw Dwaraka devastated. Satyaki told me what had happened. I was pained to hear this. I called my sons and decided it was time we fought Salva. I went to the river Sindhu where Salva was hiding. Going there, I blew my conch shell, Panchajanya.

Salva laughed and said he had gone to Dwaraka in search of me, and destiny had now brought me to him.

Salva showered many weapons which I cut off. Salva then rose up in the sky and attacked. Not seeing where the attack was coming from, I was unable to fight.

Suddenly a person came and said that Salva had attacked Dwaraka and had killed my father Vasudea. I was shocked to hear about the death of my father. I then wondered how Salva had managed to attack with Balarama guarding Dwaraka. I realized that this was an illusion. I renewed my fight with Salva. I then saw Salva drag my father and throw him on the ground. I looked closely and then saw this was the illusion created by Salva. Not knowing where Salva was, I started shooting arrows, aiming them towards the sounds. With the Gandharva weapon, I destroyed the magic created by Salva.

Salva created darkness and started showering boulders. I somehow managed to escape. I released my Sudharshan Chakra. The discus, glowing like the sun, cut off Salva.

This was why I could not come to meet you earlier, Yudhistira. Do not worry. You will will in the end.

There are times when the planets do not favor one and that is when bad times come. In earlier days, Srivatsa had to suffer the effects of Shani (Saturn).


Yudhistira then asked Krishna - Who was Srivatsa? Why did he suffer?

No comments:

Post a Comment