Sunday 23 April 2017

Ganga curses Arjuna

Jana felt insulted. She decided to end her life. She went to the river Ganga. With folded hands she said - O River, Arjuna has killed my son and I am now going to kill myself. I want you to take my revenge.
Saying this, Jana entered the waters of Ganga and ended her life.
Seeing this, Ganga cursed Arjuna - A devoted woman has killed herself because of you. You killed my son Bhishma using cunning means. I curse you. You will die in the hands of your son.

When Krishna heard this, he smiled. Vyasa understood the meaning. Yudhistira asked Krishna - Why do you suddenly smile?
Krishna said - Arjuna has been cursed by Ganga to die in the hands of his son Babruvahana. Arjuna fought and killed Prabir. His mother ended her life in the waters of Ganga. Do not worry. When time comes, I will rescue Arjuna.

No comments:

Post a Comment