Sunday 17 July 2016

Second Swayamvara

After a long time , a Brahmana named Parnada returned to the city  and said to Damayanti, Looking foir Nala, I went to the city of Ayodhya and met the king Rituparna. I said what you had told me to say. THere I got no reaction. I met Vahuka,the charioteer of the king, a very ugly person. He could cook without using fire. He was weeping and said - Tell your princess, to protect herself.  Do not be angry. He, who deserted her, did because he of his own misfortune. Do not loose temper on one who lost his only garment to the birds.
Hearing all this, I thought of coming and telling you.

Damayanti had tears in her eyes. She asked her mother to send the brahmana, Sudeva to Ayodhya with a message. He was to Ayodhya and tell the king Rituparna living there that Damayanti was holding another swayamvara.The swayamvara is to happen the next day. As Damayanti has no information about Nala, she has decided to choose a secodn husband.

Sudeva went and reported the same to Rituparna.

No comments:

Post a Comment