Saturday 30 July 2016

Damayanti meets Vahuka

Taking permission from her mother, Damayanti went to the stable where Vahuka was. She saw Vahuka in dirty clothes tending to horses. Seeing this, she had tears in her eyes. When Vahuka saw her, his eyes also had tears.
She asked Vahuka if he know of anyone who had deserted his wife in the forest? Why should he abandon me, when I chose him over Gods and became the mother of his children.

When Damayanti said this, Vahuka said It was all because of Kali. As Kali could not have you, he entered my body and since then it has been all bad. I was not in my senses, but how could you arrange for a second swayamvara? Hearing this, Rituaparna has come to wed you.

Damayanti said that was because a brahmana had managed to race you out in Ayodhya. I needed an excuse to have you here, Which is why the false news was sent. Only you are my Lord. I will never choose any other.

The Gods then appeared there and said Damayanti was sinless.

Remembering that garment given by the snake, Vahuka put that on. Immediately he was transformed into his original form. Damayanti embraced him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment