Saturday 5 March 2016

Ghatotkacha born

Bhima was angry to see Hidimba with them. He said to Kunti to be careful of her. She was a rakshashi and could not be trusted, was there to avenge the death of her brother.
He said he would kill her.
Yudhishtira stopped him.
Hidimba said to Kunti, it is love that has brought me to your son. I want your son as my husband. I have no other intentions. I have left all and come to you. Please do not turn me away. I will serve you all my life. I will help you and make your stay in the jungle comfortable. If you do not help me, I will be compelled to kill myself.
Yudhistira hearing gave Hidimba permission to take Bhima with her and bring him back soon.
Hearing this, Hidimba flew away taking Bhima with her.
They roamed in many fields, valleys, mountains; flew over lakes and rivers.
After sometime, Hidimba gave birth to a son. The child, when born grew to a huge size. His head, which was bald (utkacha), was shaped like a pot (ghata) and so, he was named Ghatotkacha.
He said he would now take leave of Bhima, and go away with his mother. He would come as soon as he was remembered.
Bhima went to his brothers, where he was taken by Hidimba and Ghatotkacha. Taking leave of the Pandavas, Hidimba left with her son.

The Pandavas continued their travels. They would travel, hiding in the jungles afraid of being spotted by the Kauravas. Travelling thus, they crossed many kingdoms and one day found themselves face to face with Vyasa.

Seeing Vyasa, Kunti started crying. Vyasa said he was aware of their fate. He asked them not to worry as they would be victorious in the end. He asked them to go to the town of Ekachakra in the guise of brahmans and stay there. He also asked them to stay there till he came for them.

Saying this Vyasa took them to Ekachakra and got them a place to stay in the house of a brahman there.

No comments:

Post a Comment