Saturday 17 September 2016

Durvasa's hunger satisfied

Garuda bowed down to Krishna and wanted to why he had been summoned. Krishna said he wanted to go immediately where the Pandavas were residing.
Krishna climbed up on Garuda and in a minute he was in the Kamya forest.
Yudhistira seeing Krishna was relieved. Krishna wanted to what had happened.
Yudhistira said Seeing Krishna was like a beggar getting a lot of wealth. Krishna asked Yudhistira how things were. Yudhistira said - I do not know how to tell about my plight. At this time of the night Durvasa has come with his disciples. He has gone to the river to offer his prayers and will then come back and ask for food.
Krishna said Do not worry. I will make sure that the sage and the disciples are satisfied.
Krishna then went where Draupadi was. Draupadi gave Krishna a place to sit. She said Durvasa would be coming soon for food. Krishna said Let us think of that later. I am hungry, give me something to eat.
Draupadi said This is not fair of you. If I was able to feed anyone at this time of the night, then I would have not have summoned you.
Krishna said I cannot talk now, I am dying of hunger.
Draupadi said I have had my meal and have kept the dish aside. The vessel is empty.
Krishna said There must be something in that. Look closely. Whatever it be, I will be happy. Do not be lethargic. Get up and get that vessel.
Draupadi went and fetched the vessel for Krishna. He saw a piece of green and a grain of rice on the vessel. He put that in his mouth and said I am satisfied now. My hunger is gone.
Krishna then burped and the whole world also burped.
Durvasa and his disciples were puzzled. They were not hungry anymore. They decided to rest where they were and decided not to go back to Yudhistira.
Krishna knew this. He went to Yudhistira and said Durvasa would come in the daylight to have his meal. Yudhistira thanked Krishna calling him the only savior. Krishna said he knew all that was happening and asked him to never leave the path of truth.
Saying this Krishna left for Dwaraka, riding on Garuda.

No comments:

Post a Comment