Thursday 14 April 2016

Garuda fetches Indra for Krishna

Krishna kept the Parijata tree on Garuda, and along with Satyabhama and others climbed on top of Garuda. As they were about to leave, Sachi laughed.
Satyabhama asked Krishna if he knew why Sachi had laughed, even though they had to partake of the Parijata tree.
Krishna said Sachi's laughter was not to be taken into account. All beings in this universe are a part of me. When Sachi laughs at you, it is Krishna laughing at Krishna.
Satyabhama said You had said you will break the pride of Indra. Why did you not keep your promise.
Krishna said I could not against the word of Shiva. For me the love of the devotee is the most fulfilling of all things. If a devotee calls out to me, I forget everything. I forgave Indra for that.
Satyabhama said that means I am not dear to you.
Krishna said If this is how you feel, I will bring Indra to you.

Krishna then called Shiva and said : I have taken many avatars, many forms. When Hiranyaksha and Hiranyakashipu were ruling the heavens, I killed them and restored the heaven for Indra. When Bali captured the three worlds, I am Vamana, pushed Bali to the nether world using my feet and helped Indra.  When Ravana and Kumbhakarna attacked and captured Indra, as Rama I helped restore Indra's throne. I am no brother of Indra's. Tell Indra this and ask him to come and bow down before Satyabhama. If he does not listen, then I will give the heaven to someone else.

Shiva told Indra, and Indra could not control his anger. Knowing Indra was refusing to listen, Krishna asked Garuda to fetch Bali from the nether world. He would become the king of the heaven.

Garuda had a  soft corner for Indra. He said It made no sense to get a new king in the heaven in this cycle of the universe. Also, what would I tell Bali, if I went to fetch him. What I can do is, fetch Indra for you.

So saying Garuda left. He went to Indra and said Why are you oblivious of the fact that Krishna is Narayana and he is the one who is upholding this universe. Come with me to Krishna and bow down before Satyabhama.

Indra then became scared.

Garuda asked Indra to come with him quietly. Indra came and bowed down before Krishna and Satyabhama.

No comments:

Post a Comment